Aviation Is Your Future
In celebration of Women in Aviation International’s expanding Girls in Aviation Day, WAI and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University have announced a new, online, self-paced Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) aimed for learners aged 8-17. It is a free course that uses Embry-Riddle’s expertise and instructional design to inspire the next generation of aviation professionals. By being a completely online course, it is that much more accessible for those who are interested, regardless of what country they reside in!
The course will allow students to explore aviation terminology, identify the major parts of an airplane, describe the flight characteristics of a helicopter, and to discuss the goals of space exploration. There are also engaging activities that take these topics to the next level. They can learn how to make a paper helicopter, test their knowledge in the module quizzes, and discover what kind of scientist they could be.
Youth who complete the course can earn digital badges and a personalized electronic certificate. The course is offered several times throughout the year, enabling young learners around the globe the opportunity to learn about aviation.
The following are links for more information, as well as a link for registration, which begins March 20, 2020.
Popular Ads Overall
- Fact Sheet: Horology (170117 views)
- Watch Terminology (83630 views)
- Aviation Is Your Future (381 views)
- Nevada Stem Hub (355 views)
- Sun n Fun (355 views)
- Resumes for Helicopter Pilots & Maintenance Technicians (287 views)
- Organization of Women Architects and Design Professionals (284 views)
- Student Pilot and Instructor Mentorship (283 views)
- Engineering For Kids (236 views)
- Free online Resource – Nikon free online photography classes for all of April (219 views)