Aviation Is Your Future
In celebration of Women in Aviation International’s expanding Girls in Aviation Day, WAI and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University have announced a new, online, self-paced Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) aimed for learners aged 8-17. It is a free course that uses Embry-Riddle’s expertise and instructional design to inspire the next generation of aviation professionals. By being a completely online course, it is that much more accessible for those who are interested, regardless of what country they reside in!
The course will allow students to explore aviation terminology, identify the major parts of an airplane, describe the flight characteristics of a helicopter, and to discuss the goals of space exploration. There are also engaging activities that take these topics to the next level. They can learn how to make a paper helicopter, test their knowledge in the module quizzes, and discover what kind of scientist they could be.
Youth who complete the course can earn digital badges and a personalized electronic certificate. The course is offered several times throughout the year, enabling young learners around the globe the opportunity to learn about aviation.
The following are links for more information, as well as a link for registration, which begins March 20, 2020.
Popular Ads Overall
- Aviation Is Your Future (143 views)
- Abingdon Foundation Women in Aviation Scholarship (133 views)
- Engineering For Kids (88 views)
- Horologist/Watchmaking Apprentice/Intern (80 views)
- All Women Skydiving Team – The Misty Blues (77 views)
- GoldieBlox Maker’s Essentials Toolbox (76 views)
- Women in Agribusiness (75 views)
- Hi, I’m Looking to Volunteer! (75 views)
- Nevada Stem Hub (71 views)
- 12 Top STEM Universities in the US For Future Science, Tech, Engineering and Maths Superstars (71 views)